I recently read a post from a BDM employed by one of my local rivals. They explained how their costs drafting company compared to others and what they could do for you as a client.
Upon reading it and having inside knowledge of this company, I thought what a load of BS!
I don’t employ BDMs simply because I let my work do the talking (and also I’m not in the financial position to afford one). I don’t do BS and sales talk. All I’m interested in is good, honest costs drafting.
So in the style of my local rivals – below is listed the reasons why I believe White Collar give our clients the best service and are better than our rivals:
- They say 7 working days turnaround for Bills – I say 5 working days (our current average is 3)
- 35 Calendar days on average for settlement from service of the bill of costs – My average is currently 18 days
- Interim payments requested before Bills of costs are prepared – I’ll be honest, I cannot compete. Although sending a template letter out with a figure plucked out of thin air is not my style. I request an interim in every communication with the other side and I refer to case law and evidence on the file to show what is reasonable
- We only charge Grade D rates whether Fast Track or Multi Track – I can’t match it exactly, but I charge what is reasonable, recoverable and is based on performance. We don’t count every unit to get the most out of you
- Our bill fees are recovered from the other side so effectively a free service – I don’t provide a free service. There is no such thing as free
- The success fee on our fees (if any) are yours
- They say Costs Budgeting instructions turned around within 48 hours – yes, but that is easy when you use templates and drafters who don’t know how to run a file and don’t know what’s involved. My experiences comes from 10 years in the industry at all levels, from secretary, to fee earner, to Director level. We don’t have inexperience.
- I offer Free national file pick up and drop off
- I am your dedicated costs draftsman. No account managers and no BS
- MI reporting as standard
- I can also have a costs advance scheme allowing you up to 80% of your assessed bill of costs
- Costs Advice available on the phone and email – no help lines
- I have hands on experience of the portal and disbursement shortfalls including all the costs arguments and CPR
- I don’t just deal with PI cases. I have experience of dealing with commercial costs, Professional Deputies, Claims for Extinguishment, Claims against the Police and Compulsory Purchase Orders
- I will never shy away from my advice and will never shy away from a Court hearing